Sometime ago, I was thinking, what is the best area, where I can help Ubuntu to become a number one operating system. Because I’m good in solving hard algorithmic problems, this is my favorite topic, I decided to use my skills to help all developers, who sometime have problems with optimizing speed or implementation of some complex structures / algorithms.
I’m going to create Ubuntu Algorithms Team, which will be responsible for:
* Helping developers in the implementation of the latest and hard to understand algorithms
* Detection of ‚bottlenecks’ at boot time and during run time of Ubuntu and coming up with ways to improve their
* Informing the community about the latest scientific works and ideas, where they can be of use in Ubuntu, as well as some advices on the practical use of existing algorithms.
This would be done through:
* Establishment of the Launchpad page, where developers will submit their problems and situations that most slow down the program using the bug system. UAT members will seek a solution, or state that at the present state of science, better solution does not exist.
* Issuing a monthly review of the major scientific achievements that may be related to Ubuntu
* Internal training programmers in the field of algorithms and data structures (useful especially for beginners)
I hope, that UAT will cause a significant improvement in the speed of Ubuntu, shorten time spent on implementing the latest technology and the overall quality of the system